1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 C (2 sticks) butter
1 C packed brown sugar
1 C sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp pure vanilla
1 C pumpkin puree
2-2 1/4 C old fashioned oats
(the original recipe called for 1 1/2 but I added more because I thought they needed more texture.. and I am allergic to nuts. I think they would be really good with walnuts.. if you try it with walnuts let me know how it goes.)
1 C chocolate chips (recipe called for white chocolate, but I used semi sweet chocolate chips because that is what I had.. I do think they would be better with white though.. I can't believe I just said that..who am I??)
1 C dried cranberries
- Combine all of the dry ingredients (except the oats) in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl cream the butter and white and brown sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla, beat for 3 minutes
- Stir in the pumpkin.
- Add the dry ingredients as well as the oats.
- Fold in the white/or semi sweet chocolate chips and cranberries.
Drop by spoon fulls or use the ice cream scoop like me and bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
And last but not least... try not to eat them by the handful.. not that I know anyone that would do that.