- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar (I actually used a little less)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 cups Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- Mini/ or regular chocolate chips
- Dried cranberries
Melt butter in a large bowl and add both sugars, eggs, vanilla and mix well, then mix in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, add the oats, cranberries, and chocolate chips. (with the cranberries and chocolate chips the amount is up to you.. we put in a few two year old size handfuls of cranberries and I just dumped in about half a bag of mini chocolate chips.) Mix all of this together well.. a mixer would be helpful.. it gets really thick by the end..but we just took turns stirring.. because stirring is fun. Scoop onto ungreased cookie sheet. They don't spread a whole lot so I kind of smushed.. (is that a word?) them a bit. Bake at 375 for 12 minutes. Let rest on cookie sheet for a minute and transfer to rack to cool.. if you can wait that long. I do have to say I am usually a fan of cookies while they are still warm, but these are actually better after they cooled.
Here are my helpers waiting for the cookies to bake..