I was reading Loving God with All Your Mind the other day and she was talking about Romans 8:28 and comparing it to chocolate cake, so let's break it down...
To make a cake you...
- Begin with bitter chocolate
- Stir in dry, tasteless flour
- Add several raw eggs and some sour milk
- Bake the batter in a hot oven
- The end result; a chocolate cake.
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28
So just remember life is like a chocolate cake! And now since you are craving chocolate cake here is a recipe...
One Bowl Chocolate Cake-
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two nine inch round pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, mix for 2 minutes on medium speed of mixer. Stir in the boiling water last. Batter will be thin. Pour evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cake tests done with a toothpick. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.