So anyway, I Googled Au Gratin potatoes and chicken and this is what I came up with.. I changed it a bit since I didn't have any regular potatoes and I am glad because the sweet potatoes totally made the dish.
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (5.5 ounce) package Au Gratin potato mix
- 2 sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Slice thinly and par boil sweet potatoes
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken breasts and saute until tender.(or use left over chicken you have in the fridge like me) Meanwhile, prepare potatoes according to package directions, adding 1 cup of milk and sliced potatoes. When chicken is tender, remove from heat, let cool and shred. Add shredded chicken to potato mixture.
- Fold chicken/potato mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes. Add cheese and bread crumbs and bake for another 10 minutes.
I served it with sliced cucumbers.. it would be good with salad, but like I said I didn't want to cook that night and apparently washing lettuce and slicing tomatoes was too much to deal with. Don't be like me.